- Disclaimer of Liability
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Disclaimer of Accuracy of Information
- Disclaimer of Endorsement
- Disclaimer of Hypertext Links
- Disclaimer of Duty to Continue Provision of Information
- Possible conflicts of Interest
- Contact and Coypright Information
Disclaimer of Liability
Neither CorpGov.net, James McRitchie, nor its contributors shall be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information described and/or contained on this site and CorpGov.net assumes no responsibility for anyone’s use of the information. In no event shall CorpGov.net, James McRitchie, or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement or substitute goods or services; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this site or system.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract tortious behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless, CorpGov.net, James McRitchie, its contributors, any entity jointly created by them, their respective affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of this site or service by user or user’s account.
Disclaimer of Warranties/Accuracy of Information
Although the data found using the CorpGov.net site has been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable, no warranty expressed or implied is made regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information. This disclaimer applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information. CorpGov.net provides this information on an “as is” basis. All warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from contamination by computer viruses and non-infringement of proprietary rights ARE DISCLAIMED.
Changes may be periodically added to the information herein; these changes may or may not be incorporated in any new version of the publication. If you have obtained information on CorpGov.net from a source other than CorpGov.net, be aware that electronic data can be altered subsequent to original distribution. Data can also quickly become out-of-date.
Disclaimer of endorsement
CorpGov.net is a distributor of content sometimes supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, users, or others, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect those of CorpGov.net or James McRitchie and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by CorpGov.net.
Disclaimer for Hypertext Links
Neither CorpGov.net, James McRitchie, nor its contributors are responsible for the contents of any off-site pages referenced. The user specifically acknowledges that neither CorpGov.net or its contributors is liable for the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
Links from the CorpGov.net site on the World Wide Web to other sites do not constitute an endorsement from CorpGov.net. These links are provided as an information service only. It is the responsibility to the web surfer to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
Disclaimer of Duty to Continue Provision of the Data
Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or restrict access the next, and the location of items may change as menus, homepages, and files are reorganized. User expressly agrees that use of CorpGov.net is at the user’s sole risk. Neither CorpGov.net, James McRitchie any entity jointly created by them, each of their affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agency, third party content providers or licenser warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free.
Possible Conflicts of Interest
This is not a list of companies with the best environmental, social, and governance practices. Although, if you know where these companies fall short, I wouldÂ appreciateÂ it if you would drop me a line so that I can advocate for reform or get out. The editor/publisher holds a financial interest in the following:
- 3M (MMM)
- Accuray Inc. (ARAY), Amazon.com (stock and contract, AMZN), Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL)
- Ballard Power Systems Inc. (BLDP), Bank of America (BAC), Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.B), Biogen Idec (BIIB), BP PLC (BP), Brasil Telecom SA ADR (BTM),Â Broadridge Financial Solutions (BR)
- Canadian National Railway (CNI), CBS (CBS), China Digital TV Holdings (STV), Cisco Systems (CSCO), Citigroup (C), Coca Cola (KO), Cognizant Tech Solutions (CTSH), Costco Wholesale (COST), CSP (CSPI)
- DaVita Inc. (DVA), Dell, Diamond A Investors L.P. (aka Lawndale Capital Management), Dow Chemical Inc. (DOW), DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. (DWA)
- EMC Corp Mass Com (EMC), EW Scripps (SSP)
- FactSet Research Systems Inc. (FDS),Â FEDEX Corp (FDX), Fluor (FLR), Ford (F)
- Gilead Sciences (GILD), Goldman Sachs Group (GS), Google (GOOG, contract & stock)
- Hain Celestial Group, H&R Block, Hess (HES), Home Depot (HD)
- ICICI Bank Ltd. ADS (IBN), IMAX Corp (IMAX), Infosys Technologies Ltd. ADS (INFY), IRobot Corp Com (IRBT)
- Juniper Networks (JNPR)
- Kansas City Southern (KSU), Kellog
- Lynx Therapeutics Inc.,
- Marriott International Inc. (MAR), Medtronic, Morningstar Inc., MSCI (MSCI)
- Nutracea (NTRZ), Nymox Pharmaceutical (NYMX)
- Premiere Global Services Inc. (PGI), Procter & Gamble Co. (PG)
- Reading International (RDI), Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (RDY), Reeds, Inc. (REED), Rovi Corp (ROVI)
- Schlumberger Ltd., E.W. Scripps, Scripps Networks Interactive, Sociedad Quimica Sera SP ADR (SQM), Sparton Corp. (SPA), Steris Corp. (STE), Starbucks (SBUX), SunOpta (STKL)
- Tata Motors Ltd. ADS (TTM), Tesco PLC ADS (TSCDY)
- Union Pac Corp (UNP), United Natural Foods Inc. (UNFI),
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX),
- Walgreen Co., Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT),Â Waste Connections Inc., Whole Foods Market Inc. (WFM), Winmark Corp., and Wipro Ltd. ADS (WIT)